Bobb Attard (b. Malta, 1988) is a visual artist and portrait photographer currently based in Prishtina. He graduated from The University of Westminster in 2014.
Since the age of 18, photography has been Bobb’s main creative medium. People, nature, literature and sound are his main sources of inspiration; his work often wanders among the complexities of the human brain while sometimes adding elements of absurdism, social parody and dark humour. Some of his influences include Claude Cahun, Francesca Woodman, Wolfgang Tillmans and Nan Goldin.
His photograph "Mandy, Underground" was one of the 5 Free Range Art Award winners in 2010 and was displayed in the heart of Brick Lane for over 2 years.
In 2020, he curated "Diversion//Subversion"- an exhibition featuring 8 LGBTIQ+ artists from the Balkan region, and a film program in collaboration with the International Queer & Migrant Film Festival.
- Poetica Masculina del Encierro, Pública Espacio, San Juan, Puerto Rico, April 2021
- Giving: Infrared 2020, ish-Kino Rinia, Prishtina, Kosovo, December 2020
- Diversion//Subversion, Šesnaestica, Zagreb, Croatia, February - March 2020
- Double Sided Sticky Tape, Turner Contemporary, Margate, UK, August 2019
- Take Me Home Projects Summer Show, London Pride, June 2015
- Free Range, Truman Brewery, London, June 2014
- 11 Days Inside, The Old Police Station, London, August 2013
- Limb, The Brick Lane Gallery, London, May 2012
- Malta Fashion Week Photography Exhibition, Pjazza San Gorg, Valletta, Malta, May 2012